$7.95 / 1 Cu Ft
PLAN “B” ORGANICS®
- ULTRA COMPOST is brought to between 140º and 150º (internal temperature) for at least 15 days, turning it to ensure all material is exposed to this temperature. This process kills pathogens and weed seeds, ensuring a premium product that may be essential for organic farms and gardens. In all, the materials are composted and cured. This product can be used in gardens, landscaping, containers, and raised beds, for vegetables, fruits, herbs, flowers, vines, trees and shrubs.
- Directions for use in the garden and landscape:
- In the garden: Add compost to your garden each year in the spring or early summer, before planting. Till the soil to a depth of 5” – 10”, then apply 4” of compost on top and till once more to mix. Top dressing: Throughout the growing season add compost mixed with worm castings and/or potting soil as a top layer.
- Trees and shrubs: Mix compost with soil from the hole dug for planting a tree or shrub. Use a mixture of 1/3 compost to 2/3 soil. Use this mixture to fill the bottom of the hole around the rootball and water.
- Mulch: In early summer, spread a 2”- 6” layer of compost on the soil around plants and trees. This may help conserve water and protect against soil erosion. When spreading compost around trees, start roughly 6” from the trunk and work outward. Avoid any direct contact with the trunk.
- On the lawn: For new lawns: put 4” – 6” of compost on the soil and till to a depth of 5” – 8”.
- For existing lawns: Apply a thin layer up to a 1/4” of fine compost on the lawn and water it in well. This can be done year round to improve nutrient levels while reducing watering needs.
- To fill in patches: Create a mixture of 30% compost, 60% top soil, 10% grass seed. Spread a 2”- 4” layer over the patch and water thoroughly.
- Ingredients: compost
Product of USA
Packaged in USA for: PLAN “B” ORGANICS® 975 SE Sandy Blvd. Portland, OR 97214